Monday, August 31, 2009

One hell of a Saturday night.

Gulf Shores is boring, to say the least. Usually I sit at home on my laptop, bitching about this town's lack of excitement. Even so, I ventured out on Saturday night, and when I say I had a good time, I mean, a fucking good time.

First let me go over one thing.



I have fallen deeply for these cans of beer. Never drank them until this weekend (I know right? How?!), but oh em gee, PBR is now my beer of choice.

Back to the recap of Saturday night. I got off work early and was planning on doing nothing as usual. Then Caitlin Fountain, long time best friend and co-conspirator in mischief, sends me a text, asking me to please come to Bailey Calloway's 21st birthday bash. I was all like "Heck yeah!" about it, and after spending two hours getting ready (because my Mother hides articles of my clothing and then forgets where she put them), headed over to the partay. I have to say, their house (Bailey's and his family) is amazing! It's like a museum for hippies, two streets over from the beach. There was a DJ there, playing some pretty awesome music, tons of people, and tons of beer (and yes, PBRs!). Also, a shitload of amazing food, and I was sad that I had already eaten before the partay. Caitlin and I ran around talking to everyone, taking pictures, dancing (horribly), and just having a good time. Natasha was there too, and she's one of my favorites, when it comes to friends, so that was like the icing on the cake. I saw tons of people I haven't seen in years, it was sort of like a reunion.

Once the partay died down, Natasha and I headed to her apartment (so she could change) and then to The Coffee Merchant. There were lots of awesome people there, and we had some interesting discussions with the locals (none of which were too rednecky thankfully). Natasha and I also baffled them with our rubix cube skills. Travis met us there too! He drove from Fairhope (I hate that drive) so that made everything even better! Eventually the Coffee Merchant closed so we had to leave, we hung out at Natasha's for a while, then went home to sleep.

It was great, I feel like I've restored my social life a bit. Thanks to Caitlin for texting me and inviting me!

I do have to say though, that once again I remembered why I do NOT drink liquor. Matt made some drinks that contained maybe three different kinds? It totally sent me over the "you're coherent, now you're not so coherent" line. Beer, beer, beer, no liquor!

I hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend as well.

<33

No comments: