Guess what? I'm still in southern Alabama, on the beach, and it WASN'T 95F-115F today! It was like 83F, and now it's around 70F, and it feels absolutely wonderful. I have been driving with my windows down all day singing my heart out to whatever my Zune has decided to play for me (thanks whoever came up with the shuffle feature), and I've been as happy as a clam. I'm almost scared for tomorrow to come, in fear that the heat will return, like the asshole it is. I love when the cool air returns after the summer when you get that feeling of being able to breathe and smell everything again. The sad thing is that on days like this my memory takes me north, because southern Alabama does not have near enough days like this. All I see in my mind is driving north on the interstate watching the trees get taller. Well a little taller, or maybe my mind is just making them seem taller to fit my more grand image. I don't know, I'm just ready to move.
Something I didn't mention the other day, and I wish I had been able to snap a photo but that's impossible while driving alone on a highway going 65 mph. It was a car with writing on the window, but instead of saying "Beach or BUST!" or "Just Married!", it said, "DONUTS! Oh nom nom nom nom nom!". Seeing that literally made my year.
Another thing that made me laugh recently, was this post at In Town. Just read it.
I don't have much else to say, and I must sleep. It's almost 230a and I have to be up early to get my car to the mechanic (damn computer sensors!).
2 comments:
"(I) fear that the heat will return, like the asshole it is."
Almost a lyrical quality to it? I don't really know how heat is like an asshole, but it does bring disturbing images to mind.
Glad you liked the post, thanks for mentioning it.
Amazing weather... loving it. In my family, we call this football weather.
Post a Comment