
Julie & Julia:
Loved it. Then again, I also read the book (which is infinitely hilarious, if I do say so myself). Not only was it a cute movie about two women who love to cook, it was also very funny, not too long, and I loved the personalities portrayed by the actors and actresses. I do recommend reading the book first though, because it is (of course) better than the movie. Julie Powell is a wonderful writer, and probably the funniest writer I've ever read by far. I strongly suggest you read everything that has to do with her.
All in all, I give this movie four out of five. :D

District 9:
Turned out to be different then I thought it was. Without giving too much away, I will say that the stories were more personal than I expected. What I expected was a full out battle between the aliens and the humans, and that didn't happen really at all. The storyline was good, and mostly original, the graphics were good. I enjoyed the movie. I couldn't really see myself watching it again though.
I give it three out of five.
Please keep in mind, by the way, that I am usually very, very, easily satisfied with movies. I just tend to dislike super popular ones sometimes. Not most of the time though.
Other than seeing those two movies today I...
Slept, a lot.
Ate, a lot (too much).
Got to see Jessica (never do I see her enough).
Hung out with Travis.
Beat him at Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe TWICE (two times, I tell you!). Scorpion is my player of choice from now on.
Bought 18 Fuze drinks. :] At once.
Downloaded almost everything ever recorded by Mindless Self Indulgence.
Discovered that Army of Two is a horrible video game, and never should have been programmed into existence.
Spent way too much money.
Failed to sleep, which is why I'm blogging now, on the following day, at 630am.
Still have to drive for an hour, so I can sleep.
Work comes too soon.
I should really get going on that sleep thing I guess.
<33
No comments:
Post a Comment