Monday, August 10, 2009

Lava Cakes

Got to sleep in today, that was nice.
Arrived at work to find the person I hate the most managing for the early afternoon. Cleaned up after him and cursed the whole time.
Made jokes about said person with the rest of the staff when the new manager came in for the rest of the evening.
Had an employee show up drunk to pick up free food that he "promised" to pay for later.
Enjoyed an intense debate with my manager about the existence of ghosts (which I do not believe in).
Then had a sort of sad discussion about why atheists are so distrusted in America.
Ate two lava cakes. I'm going to get fat from those. They are like tiny brownies, with melted chocolate fudge inside. They are ridiculous.
Delivered to a condo and watched fifteen people grilling outside. They had kabobs, steak, hotdogs, hamburgers, and all kinds of delicious smelling foods. I stared, pizza in hand, with envy.
Almost ran over about 25 tourists. A daily occurrence.
Listened to our Brazilian employee talk about people who live in the northeast. According to him they talk much clearer then southerners do, and he says he learns more vocabulary from them (Well, duh). He told me I sounded like them and asked how long I've lived down here. Good to know I don't yet sound like a complete jackass.
Shuffle on my Zune today included Incubus, Daft Punk, Despised Icon, The Crystal Method, Tom Petty, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, No Doubt, The Lonely Island, Saves The Day, Death Cab For Cutie, and Linkin Park, just to name a few.
Was let off work early, because business is finally slowing down. Only made $25 tonight, and that is NOT good.
Getting sick of staying at my Aunt's house, I'd like to go home. Separation anxiety from my dog and cat is starting to set in.
Trying to tether my Android phone to my laptop for mobile internet, but it is taking 765,934 years.
Can't wait to fall asleep to Adult Swim.

<33

1 comment:

Shawn & Jessica Kays said...

I now have to have one of these Lava Cakes you speak of... sounds amazing.