Real quick like, before we go into more of me loving DC, watch this and be merry. Thanks to Cat of Young Old Crone for bringing this to my attention via Twitter.
So far we really haven't done all that much in the city. The majority of our time has been comprised of sitting around talking, smelling the fall smells (something Alabama lacks also), and people watching. It's been nice to just be, for once. We have however briefly visited the mall, just because it's good to glimpse that when you haven't seen it in months (or years in my mother's case). We've also done some healthy walking in Chinatown, Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, Woodley Park, and Takoma (hotel location). We've eaten some excellent food as well. If you follow me on Twitter (which, by "god", you better be doing by now) you will know all about these great eats, but alas, recap time:
7-Eleven: I'm sorry, but I won't ever stop eating their hotdogs. It may not be anything more than cheap gas station food, but it's damn good cheap gas station food, and it's something I hate not having access to in Alabama, because I would eat the fuck out of it all the time, as I do here.
Asian Spice: We tried the Thai food here (Basil chicken) and it was delicious. Not only that, but we also sat outside, watched some fine ass people walk by, and enjoyed the perfect weather. The restaurant was incredibly nice on the inside too. I'll be visiting this place again for sure.
The Diner: 24 hour diner in Adams Morgan. I have decided that when I move here, this will be one of the first places I apply for a job at. The staff was awesome, and omfg, the food. Ridiculously good. Cheap too. The toast with the spinach and artichoke dip was what we started with (wonderful). Mom got a sandwich, but I got the grilled stuffed Portobellos, and it was soooooo good. I'm in love with this place.
Tono Sushi will be on the menu tomorrow. We tried tonight but got there right before they closed (we often lose track of time). I am glad though that we missed Tono because then we would not have eaten at the Diner.
Tomorrow we have a long day. Realizing that we have wasted two days doing nothing but walking and eating has made us decide to get up super early and get shit done tomorrow. One thing includes enjoying some of the activities of Fotoweek 2009! We are lucky to have randomly visited the city at this time, there is stuff going on for Fotoweek everywhere. I am taking pictures as well, but they are not so amazing thanks to my crappy half broken camera and I am tired and need to sleep soon so those will come later.
Speaking of sleep, I'm off to try and get some of that. Long day tomorrow, looking forward to some of this:

Also, I am too lazy to look up what this is, but we discovered it in the middle of a very residential neighborhood in front of a normal looking house with no other signs:
I'm assuming a family business and something to do with martial arts or calligraphy, but I'm lazy and want to present a challenge, so the first person to explain in depth wins a cookie! Okay, not really, but you will win an e-cookie (it's so much better, trust me).
Peace out.
<33
3 comments:
http://www.oki-aikikai.com/
Training in Aikido involves a rigorous practice of a pattern of well-defined self-defense techniques to control a bigger, stronger, and faster person.
So, its a type, of martial arts...
Wheres my cookie!
"I want pie."
"I want beef jerkey."
Go DC!!
I've watched that kittens clip about 50 times and I quote it for hours after every time. Classic.
Post a Comment