Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's that time again.

That joyful season full of snuggling, cookies (and all other sweet baked goods), the most awesome cartoons ever made, Dean Martin, Eartha Kitt, Nat King Cole, Bruce Springsteen, and other classics, snow, winter clothes, pretty lights, awesome childhood movies, sweet Macys window displays, bells, and probably the only good thing religion has ever given us.

(Ahem, you gotta play this to get my point.)




Yes, due to my atheism and general disdain for religion, I prefer to call it "x-mas", BUT IT IS TOTALLY MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR, EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I just love the fuck out of this season. Yes, I know it's still November, but I start early okay? X-mas reminds me of sitting at home as a child watching "25 days of Christmas" on ABC, sneaking around the house trying to find my hidden presents, decorating, and just being oh so "jolly" in general. I can't even really form into words how excited this shit makes me.

What sucks, is being in a tropical beach town with a current temperature of 60 degrees, where it never snows, and there are no Macys displays to look at. Next year, self, I promise.

So, due to my obvious depression from lack of x-mas surroundings, I'm cutting this post short tonight. I'm going to go bake brownies and watch the Weather Channel, and hope for something joyful.

<33

PS. A ten year old just added me on Facebook. I accepted it, simply because it would be mean not to. She has a boyfriend, and they're both in the fifth grade, just so you know.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Yay XMAS! I do a secular Christmas myself too.