Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hey there, Washington, DC...



I'm excited to be seeing you again. *Raises eyebrows*

Seriously though, I have some questions. Well one. All that traffic today, on a Sunday? The FUCK? If that HOV lane had not been opened, I might have committed suicide. I usually don't mind DC traffic (Read: Tolerate it, but still dislike it), but this afternoon when we arrived I was running on two hours of sleep. Two hours of sleep I got about 30 hours ago. Two hours of sleep I got about 30 hours ago, on top of 9 hours of work before driving 15 hours to DC. You bitches.

Regardless, I love this city. If you know me, you know that. I was born in Fairfax, VA, and the DC area is my home base. I was raised in Alabama for the most part, but I've always hated Alabama, and I've always found myself drawn back to DC. Hence why this is my seventh time here in the last few years, and why I plan on moving back here and going to college.

This city could beat me like an abusive husband and I would come crawling back to it, saying I could love no other. It's that real. Yeah.

If you follow me on Twitter (which you better), then you already know I've been tweeting about the trip like crazy. If you'd like a ongoing description of everything, I'm here for you.

The reason this trip is so important, compared to the others, is that this trip is the last trip. Next time I come up here (1-3 months) I will not leave. Yeah, I'd be excited if I was you too.

Anyways, I'm off to run around spending money. I'm so excited to sit down on the Metro and let it take me everywhere as opposed to driving. Even though Metro hasn't been doing so great from what I've heard, but it's better than driving in my current condition.

If any of you know of anything super fun going on in DC during the next three days, let me know!

<33

No comments: