Monday, October 11, 2010

My life finally got cool.

That's why I haven't been here much. I know, excuses, excuses. I'm pretty sure I lost my pretty much non-existent readership I had anyways from not posting for so long so I don't think it matters. Anyways, updates, yes?

- Why is it still fucking hot? Where is my fall weather? Hurry the fuck up.
- Chocolate stout is not as good as I expected and this makes me sad.
- I'm learning Spanish and I am proud of that fact.
- Friends are coming up from Alabama, maybe they will decide DC is the place to be. Then life would be even cooler!
- My boyfriend makes me food all the time and then gets slightly offended when I don't try it immediately, and I constantly run out of beer. These are my problems you guys.
- High definition TVs ARE everything they're cracked up to be.
- I enjoy Chinatown so much more when intoxicated.

Alright, movie reviews? It's been a while!



The Social Network:
Otherwise known as the Facebook movie. I thought this would be an alright movie and I was completely wrong. It was an awesome movie. I know everyone's like "Blah, blah, blah, it defines our generation", but it DOES. How do I know this? Well, I updated Facebook while I was watching it. How's that for a definition. If I have children and they have grandchildren, and those grandchildren ask me what life was like when I was young, I will more than likely just have them watch this movie. The acting was pretty wonderful in my opinion (except Timberlake, I just don't care for him), and the cinematography was awesome. My favorite scene regarding that aspect was the rowboat race scene where it looks to me like they used a tilt-shift lens to film it. I don't know much about that stuff, but that is what it looked like and it was pretty beautiful. Another great thing, was that the movie was dramatic, and also seriously funny. I really enjoyed it, go see it now!

I give it five out of five.



It's Kind of a Funny Story:
I love Zach Galifianakis and he was probably the main reason I wanted to see this movie. It was decent, a cute story, a little sappy and a little too teenage drama filled for my liking. Also, since when is Vampire Weekend mentioned in movies? I swear hipsters are taking over our culture, completely. The main thing I liked about this movie was the artistic perspective dealing with the main characters drawings and how he thought of his art. It was different and pretty interesting.

I give it three out of five.

Adios you fine people, I'll talk to you next month probably. Or maybe not. I don't know. I plan on getting into some shenanigans this weekend, so I may have some good writing material then. Who knows.

<33

No comments: